Haw River Christian Academy receives no government, endowment, or other organizational funding. Donations and fundraising help subsidize the cost of an education at HRCA so that its tuition rates can remain considerably lower than most private schools. At times, special funds must also be raised for larger scale needs such as building capital campaigns.
HRCA coordinates three main fundraisers each year. We seek to target a broad range of donors and not repeatedly tap the same audiences.
1) ANNUAL FUND: Our annual fund is a direct mail campaign that runs during the school year, September-May.
MAKE AN ANNUAL FUND DONATION TODAY (via PayPal):
2) WALK-A-THON: In October, our students help cover the distance to a year-end goal through their walk-a-thon in October. They commit to walking an individual mileage goal at school and help collect donations from neighbors, church families, and other familiar relationships.
3) GOLF TOURNAMENT: Every May, our golf tournament has become a favorite tradition for businesses and golf enthusiasts.
Our Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF) collects the following items, which convert to cash for HRCA:
- Smile.amazon.com: smile.amazon.com/ch/20-8542860
- (Search and select charity so that “Supporting Haw River Christian Academy” appears at the top of the screen.)
- Box Tops for Education labels
- Campbells Soup Labels for Education
- My Coke Rewards bottle caps
- Link your Harris Teeter grocery store cards to HRCA
- Retail, restaurant, and department store gift cards through SCRIPS
Please consider how you would like to be involved and support HRCA each year!
As a 501(c)3 non-profit institution, all donations to HRCA are eligible for a receipt to be used for tax purposes.
For more information about these opportunities or to be included in our fundraising event mailing invites, please email our Fundraising Chairperson.